All the miles of a hard road are worth a
moment of true happiness.


Thursday, July 9, 2009

Busy morning

This morning came way too early, but the nice thing was that Thomas wanted to build his train set near the kitchen which allowed me to work and play at the same time. Yesterday I soaked and started the sprouting process for a bunch of buckwheat. I was hoping to awaken to see little tails growing on my buckwheat, but alas there are none yet. It took me a while to find a place to hang my bag of buckwheat, I was thrilled when I saw the microwave handle was the perfect height. After they sprout I will dehydrate these and they will be used in homemade raw granola.

Yesterday I soaked to sets of raw almonds. One set I soaked in just water, those are the ones on the bottom tray. The other set was soaked in 1/2 water 1/2 Bragg's Amino. Then this morning I rinsed the almonds and placed them in the dehydrator. The set that had soaked in the Bragg's solution got coated in Brewers yeast and Himalayan pink salt. They are suppose to be a cheesy treat when they finish dehydrating. The plain almonds will get chopped and put into the raw granola.

I made the mistake of placing a ripe peach and a ripe nectarine on top of a bunch of overly ripe bananas. This morning when I went to enjoy a summer treat I realized that the bananas had speeded up the ripening process of my sweet treat! I didn't want to waste my fruit so I decided to make a special treat. I chopped the the peach, nectarine, a whole vanilla bean and a couple hand fulls of Brazil nuts into a basic muffin recipe. I cant wait for them to cool so I can see how they turned out. I have never seen this combination in muffins before so I will see if there is a reason for this!


Here is Thomas' train set up. He finally had enough engineering and decided he needed to watch a little Dora. I am a sucker for his sweet little "pleaseeeee, mommy" so its on as I type this. Now off to my muffins...Yumm!

No comments:

Post a Comment