All the miles of a hard road are worth a
moment of true happiness.


Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Bare foot in the dirt.

Pat and I are constantly amazed at how much Thomas loves to be barefoot.

Today I took him to an animal sanctuary mid way through he decided to kick of his sandals and just go bare foot. It didn't matter what kind of terrain we were on, rocky, bumpy, sandy, smooth, dirty, wet, it all just felt good on his little tootsies!

Two days ago we went up to the mountains near our home to do a little family hiking. Thomas took his sandals off there as well. He always tells us with great passion that the ground feels great on his bare feet. In this picture I had kicked my sandals off as well. Who says a child cant be a great leader!


This hike was pretty long and the path was very rocky. Every hiker that passed us couldn't help but comment.




Why not? There was a time in history when there was no such thing as shoes. I love the thought of him getting down and dirty with mother nature!




Here he is showing off his sweet little cheesy smile..."Thomas say, cheesy"
"Cheesyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"



1 comment:

  1. I think that's way cool, Thomas! But the thought of doing that myself in terrain like that - ouch!

    ReplyDelete