All the miles of a hard road are worth a
moment of true happiness.


Tuesday, July 7, 2009

More toddler views...

I found this plain little coat rack at Savers for a buck.

With the inspiration all my homeschooling mamas are giving me, I knew I needed a special place for Thomas to hang his stuff. As well that it needed to be at his level.

This is one of Thomas' s spaces in the living room. I found that great basket at Savers also. It was under two dollars. When I saw it I knew it would be perfect for all of Thomas' little cars. It is shallow, sturdy and wide. I also added a pretty painting we had just sitting in a closet and hung it for Thomas to enjoy. Its a painting of a small boat and a house near the water. On the other wall I staggered a couple family pictures. The pictures include all (except the two new babies) of Pats immediate family (very large.) Thomas is so sweet, he goes over and gives everyone kisses and will play his guitar and sing to them. I would never have guessed that would be his response. Priceless!!!

Along the lines of keeping things accessible for the little guy I have moved Thomas' favorite and most requested foods to a shelf low enough for his reach. Not that shelf height would stop him, he is a climber! I place left overs in small containers and he can just grab one and go, he yells at me when I heat his food, so why not.


I have posted a similar picture before but here it is again. The new thing about this is that I have moved his crackers from the locked pantry into his shelves so he can just grab what he wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment