All the miles of a hard road are worth a
moment of true happiness.


Monday, July 13, 2009

Step stool madness

I have been on a step stool finding mission for many, many months now. My requirement list was not super long. I wanted to find stools that were made of quality wood, sturdy, tall enough for Thomas to reach what ever he needed, and if at all possible be made in the USA.

I have looked high and low but every stool I come across tends to be missing something on my list.


Two days ago I spent the morning at a new friends house. When I walked into her kitchen I saw the cutest step stools I have ever seen. Her two stools were just like the ones I have posted here only one was shaped like a butterfly and the other like a flower. I gasped and quickly found out where she had found these gems!

Have you ever heard or a store called Home Goods? Turns out there is a Home Goods store just a few miles from our home. As soon as I left my friends house I went straight there to grab up a few stools for Thomas.


Turns out they didn't have any flower or butterfly stools left, but they had several different cars and boats carved onto circular stools. Yeah, perfect for my little boy! I would have settled for flowers and butterflies but this was even better for us. I still cant get over the price, at thirteen dollars each for a solid wood hand carved stool. The only thing I compromised on was where these stools were made. Sorry USA you lost out on this one. These were hand carved in Thailand.



Thomas is now the proud new owner in four unique step stools. Two in the kitchen and one in a down stairs bathroom and another in an upstairs bathroom. I hope this helps him along the way with gaining Independence and feeling a little taller!

1 comment: