All the miles of a hard road are worth a
moment of true happiness.


Thursday, October 1, 2009

Mercury filling removal...

There is a very interesting video on youtube that any one with silver (ie MERCURY) fillings in their mouth must watch. This video is called Smoking Tooth and you will understand why it is named so after you watch this film. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ylnQ-T7oiA
Pat and I have been talking about getting our mercury taken out for a long time now. Mercury in teeth is associated with Alzheimer's disease, Multiple Sclerosis, and a whole range of "auto-immune" illnesses. In fact my dentists wife said her migraine headaches stopped once she had her fillings removed. Now come to think about it I haven't had the slightest headache since having mine removed.

I had talked to my LAST (and by this I mean, no more, no longer, never again!) dentist about her removing our mercury fillings. When I asked her what precautions she took in their removal she was very (well for lack of a better word) RUDE. Stating that she has done this every day for the past ten years. And gave no further details. Well after hearing that response I was ok with just leaving my fillings right where they were for the time being. I had heard one too many times if they aren't taken out properly its safer to leave them in. (P.S. there was WAY more to her no longer being my dentist then the mercury issue, but all that would be another story!)

As the stars aligned for us I found a website called the Holistic Dental Association http://www.holisticdental.org/membersearch All you do is enter your zip code and dentists in your area who are a part of the HDA will appear. There were only three in our gigantic city. Then again our city may be large but it isn't exactly known for being a healthy city. Ha! So after looking over their websites I decided on one and Patrick and I set up our appointments.

I suppose I should add that I spent forty five minutes on the phone with the wife of the dentist when I was scheduling our appointments. It was beyond fantastic to finally be speaking to someone who shared my concerns. She and I were on the same wave length with so many health points. I was thrilled for once in my life to be going to the dentist.

Patrick had his appointment first and only had one mercury filling in his mouth. He came home and assured me that everything would be great...I get so nervous about dental appointments. Then a couple days later it was my turn. From the second I got there to the second I left everything was explained to me and everything was in my hands. Usually when I go to the dentist I feel like I am being strapped into a chair and have zero control. This experience was completely the opposite.

The equipment they used and the extra precautions they took at every turn were over the top and absolutely wonderful. One of their dental assistance told me in private that if this dentist ever retired or for some reason fired him that he would stop working in the dental field all together, because he felt like there was no one else out there practicing at this level. Wow, that's enough to ease your mind!

I could type on and on about what all they did, but just to keep it short here are a few things he did specifically during my mercury removal: Fancy air filtration system right next to my chair, eye goggles, special apron to protect my body, oxygen mask to insure I was breathing clean air, a special guard in my mouth to prevent me from ingesting any mercury, the dentist and assistant also wore special gear and wore special gloves (non-latex) to prevent themselves from absorbing mercury.

After it was all said and done I bought us some special supplements, pills and powders to help detox our bodies of all heavy metals. When I got home and mixed up the first shake and popped open the pill bottles the smell was over whelming. I almost got sick. Things that smell bad are impossible for me to take, I would have gaged and been sick. So lucky Pat gets to detox alone, I wish I could have done it as well but I will just have to find another way to do that.
Well I hope I have inspired you to look into mercury removal and remember don't do it unless you are sure they are practicing safe methods. I realize I didn't post a ton of facts here. I figure there are plenty of well documented sites, and books where you can get that info, this was just the story of my mercury removal.

No comments:

Post a Comment