All the miles of a hard road are worth a
moment of true happiness.


Tuesday, October 13, 2009

UPDATE: Clay cooker

I received an email back from Michel at BIA Cordon Bleu and she has been emailing around the world on my behalf. She was able to hunt down the company in Portugal who manufactured the clay cooker. The company in Portugal told her that their glazes are lead free and that as a rule Portuguese glazes that are used on cook ware all always lead free. Yippie! Happy clay cooking ahead!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yayyyy! I have one and I don't have the use of or recipes booklet to go with it. It was a gift from many years ago just sitting there on the shelf looking pretty. I pulled it out today to make Corned Beef in it! Look forward to tasting the brisket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled across your posts while looking for recipes - I'm glad you got your answer! I was *going* to let you know I have an identical cooker that I purchased in the late '90's and am certain the glaze is lead-free. I've used it many times and have loved everything I've made in it. It's been in storage for the last 5 years (following a move); I just dug it out, can't find the book that came with it so I needed a refresher on baking a chicken in the little darlin' ... Now back to the recipe hunt! I hope you use & love your cooker as much as I have over the years!

    ReplyDelete