All the miles of a hard road are worth a
moment of true happiness.


Sunday, July 5, 2009

My next project




I spent a few minutes on ebay this morning looking for good deals and inspiration. I was searching for Montessori education supplies. I stumbled upon something (not sure what it is called) and decided I could make it myself and probably improve it.

What this person was selling was a set of felt sheets and several trinkets. Each sheet of felt was a different color, there were six sheets total. There were five trinkets to go with each sheet of felt. Thirty trinkets total. Each set of trinkets were the same color as the felt.

Example: Five blue trinkets plus one blue sheet of felt.

They had the sheets of felt all rolled together and tied with a string. All thirty trinkets were mixed together. So my assumption is that you lay the felt sheets out and let your toddler/preschooler place the matching trinkets on their matching felt.

The set on ebay was not super high quality. The felt looked nice but the trinkets were cheap plastic toys and things. I am going to collect things that are more natural and maybe even put a nature theme to this. No plastic here! Maybe I will get a sheet of brown felt and gather sticks, pine cones, bark, nut shells and other similar items. My other colors might be green, orange, red and any other color I think can be found in nature. That should be funner and lead to further discussion then cheap plastic trinkets.

I will post a picture as soon as we get this going...

No comments:

Post a Comment