All the miles of a hard road are worth a
moment of true happiness.


Friday, September 25, 2009

Who needs to know?

Here is another creative catalyst from: http://www.danetterelic.com/drawingboard/

This Week's Creative Catalyst: Who Needs to Know?
This week is a creative writing prompt, but should you feel inspired to take this idea and bloom it out into some other form, I say follow that inspiration!
What do the following people or things need to know about you?

your dentist
your bed
your custom shoe maker
your garden
your new neighbour
your pet
your therapist or coach
the person next to you on a bus or plane
your bartender



Ahh my DENTIST what should you know about me??? Well I only just today (the day of my visit) started flossing on a regular basis, and I am most definitely worried about what you see in my nose as you gaze down at me. BUT I am also worried about what might be in your nose and fall into my wide open mouth!


BED you are my best friend, I day dream of you all day.

Well if I was so fortunate to have a CUSTOM SHOE MAKER you would need to know that I wear the same two shoes (my left shoe and right shoe) all year long. So please use your toughest, strongest materials to make my sandals. You might consider charging me a pretty penny because you will only be seeing my feet every few years. Ahh how I love my sandals!

Dear GARDEN, I just wanted to apologize to you! I didn't mean for your growth to be stunted and your roots to go dry. I loved you more then you can imagine in the early days. If the wind, the heat and the bugs didn't bother you so much (and lack of fertilizer) I just know you could have been so much more then a shriveled up stick in the ground. I morn you every visit to the market when I am forced to pay exorbitant amounts of money for my veggies! Maybe next year we can try our friendship out again...what do you say?

NEW NEIGHBOR please don't eat the cookies I brought you. My three year old helped me make them and I am not sure he washed his hands (or feet,)opps!

Dear sweet PETS I am sorry you may never gain the love and respect that my one true love of a pet once received. You will never be the best pet on the planet for in my mind my sweet Mimi girl holds that spot! I love you Mimi and miss you so much. RIP Mimi!!!


Oh dear THERAPIST, please stop asking me how I feel and just offer me a drink already!

Hello guy sitting next to me on the plane! I just thought I would warn you that airport food and lack of movement may induce a rumble followed by slight...well that's all, you have been warned!

BARTENDER, make it a triple and note that I haven't had a drink in almost four years...I might get a little rowdy!
PS. I do love my pets and I have no plans of drinking any time soon...this was just for fun!

1 comment:

  1. This WAS fun! I love the photo accompaniment. And that bed! How gorgeous.

    I have a feeling your garden will forgive you. Someone told me it has a HUGE crush on you.

    HUGE.

    ReplyDelete