All the miles of a hard road are worth a
moment of true happiness.


Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Paella

This was my first attempt at making Paella. Look at the steam coming off the food...

Unfortunately I could not find Spanish rice anywhere in this big city! Since I was to impatient to buy some mail order, I used arborio rice instead. It was a bit mushy for my taste.

I served it with warm sourdough bread...my favorite!

The clams and mussels did not survive thawing out...not sure what I did wrong there...

But chicken, chorizo, and shrimp were enough meat for us.

Over all it was a TON of work and I don't even want to add up the cost of all my ingredients. To top it all off it was really lacking in flavor. Pat said he really liked it, I only liked the way it looked. Since I have a wonderful Spanish paella pan I am sure I will attempt this again, but just not in the near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment